If you want to travel to Europe for the purpose of the visit, you need to apply for the Schengen tourist visas with a validity of 90 days in a period of 6 months. You are allowed to visit all the Schengen countries with one visa. The earliest you can apply before 3 months from the travel date.
1. Valid Philippine passport- Validity of three months minimum from the travel date.
2. Proof of residence in U.A.E – Copy of residence permit with a validity of at least a minimum of three months from the travel date.
3. 2 Recent photograph- 35mm in width and 45 mm in height.
4. Cover letter – should state the reason for the visit, countries you’re visiting the duration of your visit. Enclose invitation if any.
5. Proof of accommodation and travel reservations and itinerary – Copies of round tickets from U.A.E to the Schengen country, your hotel/hostel bookings, and description of the places you’re going to visit.
Did you know there are 5 Schengen countries without an airport!!!
6. Bank statements Confirmation that you have enough financial means to cover the whole trip.
7. Employment status- Letter from the employer stating the purpose of visit, copy of your employment contract, income tax return. If you are a student, you would require a letter from your no objection letter from your university and a copy of your admit card. If you’re a business person, you need to present a copy of the business license, tax return.
The processing of the application takes 10 to15 days at the embassy/consulate / VFS. So to find your respective embassy depends on your port of entry in the Schengen area or your duration of stay in the Schengen country if you’re visiting more than 2 countries.
This is just a small part of the bigger picture. Always take a second view before applying for a visa. A visa/ travel consultant can advise you on the procedures that are required to follow and assist in follow-up and create an error-free application.