How long have you been planning that Europe trip you always wanted to go to? Well, this is your chance to take that trip to your dream destination in Europe.
If you want to travel to Europe for the purpose of the visit, you need to apply for a Schengen tourist visa. The validity of Schengen is from 30 to 90 days in a period of 6 months which can be a single entry or a multiple-entry visa. This depends on your length of visit. You are allowed to visit all the Schengen countries with one visa. The earliest you can apply before 3 months from the travel date.
1. Valid Pakistan passport- Validity of three months minimum from the travel date.
2. Proof of residence in U.A.E – Copy of residence permit with a validity of at least a minimum of three months from the travel date.
3. 2 Recent photograph- 35mm in width and 45 mm in height.
4. Cover letter – should state the reason for the visit, countries you’re visiting the duration of your visit. Enclose invitation if any.
5. Proof of accommodation and travel reservations and itinerary – Copies of round tickets from U.A.E to the Schengen country, your hotel/hostel bookings, and description of the places you’re going to visit.
Did you know there are 5 Schengen countries without an airport!!!
6. Bank statements Confirmation that you have enough financial means to cover the whole trip.
7. Employment status- Letter from the employer stating the purpose of visit, copy of your employment contract, income tax return. If you are a student, you would require a letter from your no objection letter from your university and a copy of your admit card. If you’re a business person, you need to present a copy of the business license, tax return.
8. Medical Insurance coverage - Proof of adequate medical insurance that meets the Schengen visa insurance criteria
The processing of the application takes 10 to15 days at the embassy/consulate / VFS. So to find your respective embassy depends on your port of entry in the Schengen area or your duration of stay in the Schengen country if you’re visiting more than 2 countries.
This is just a small part of the bigger picture. Always take a second view before applying for a visa. A visa/ travel consultant can advise you on the procedures that are required to follow and assist in follow-up and create an error-free application.